Adult Psychiatrist Part-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 6 views
The AHS Calgary Zone Department of Psychiatry is inviting applications for a position in Adult Psychiatry. This is a part time position for an AB licensed Psychiatrist to do outpatient consults and follow ups with the South Health Campus Outpatient Addictions and Mental Health Program. This is a general mental health clinic in southern Calgary that serves the moderate to severe mental health needs of the adult population. The ability to see new consults, do follow ups, and discharge back to the referral source as needed will be expected. The psychiatrist will be able to work well with their colleagues and other allied health care professionals in a team setting. Attendance at complex case reviews and quality assurance reviews will be expected as needed. Knowledge of other existing community resources will be an asset. Legible and timely documentation and respectful communication with colleagues will be expected. The successful candidate will have to share their office with their Psychiatry colleagues. Following the mandate of the clinic and the direction from the Department of Psychiatry will be mandatory.
The successful candidate will provide Inpatient Psychiatry services within a multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, and recreation therapists.A major part of this role is clinical work but it also includes an educational role in the teaching of residents and medical students. The Psychiatrist will also be expected to do call at the South Health Campus site. Flexibility and willingness to provide vacation coverage for other colleagues will be needed.
A successful candidate for the position should have:
- Recent experience (residency included) of working with a sub-acute and chronic population
- Successful completion of MCC and Royal College specialty exams
- Successful work experience on a multidisciplinary team
- Recent understanding of sub-acute adult treatment for mental health concerns
- Understanding of departmental demands and working with departmental goals to meet safety, length of stay, and patient satisfaction requirements
- Ability to participate in a call roster with and without resident support
- Success in education with residents in psychiatry
- Success interpersonally with patients, families and colleagues
- Ability to provide timely and accurate documentation
- Ability to take direction and feedback and perform within the mandate of the clinic
- Foundations in psychotherapeutic work, including CBT and DBT.
We arepassionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Candidates should have, or be eligible for certification by the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry and have licensure with the College of Physician and Surgeons of Alberta.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada will be given priority.
Please send a current CV, and the names and contact information of three referees. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.8
- Department: Psychiatry
- Specialty: Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is fee-for-service billings submitted to Alberta Health.The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits. For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: Sep 13, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.