Anatomical / General Pathologist with Gyne & Cyto Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 10 views
Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) North Sector, in partnership with the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, in Edmonton, Alberta is seeking a qualified full time Anatomical / General Pathologist with sub-specialty expertise in Gynecological Pathology and Cytopathology to join the Royal Alexandra Hospital (RAH) Pathology team.
This position consists of shared time and involvement with different laboratories within the city of Edmonton. The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, with its team of 96 pathologists and many consultants, functions as a center of Excellence. The successful applicant will be involved in the diagnostic activity across the City of Edmonton (North Sector, APL), and is expected to become an active consultant in their area(s) of sub-specialty expertise, and interact with the clinical stakeholders in their area(s). In addition to a sub-specialty practice, participation in general surgical pathology practice is required. Our current sub-specialty priority areas for recruitment are: Gynecological pathology and Cytopathology, the preferred candidate will have both specialties, as the Lois Hole Hospital for Women is a part of the RAH.
Successful applicants will also be considered for appointment with the University of Albertas Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology. The Department is integrated with the academic health campus and there are opportunities for independent and/or collaborative research that foster the goals of discovery knowledge and translational research at the University of Alberta.
Depending on the qualifications of the applicant, there are opportunities to practice in a sub-specialty environment while participating in clinical and/or basic research activities. Teaching and interaction with a wide range of learners from undergraduate through postgraduate studies (residents from anatomical and general pathology), with provision of interactive educational opportunities at all levels will be encouraged.
In accordance with the Canadian Foreign Workers requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. This position is available for AHS Sponsorship and relocation assistance.
Minimum qualifications include a MD, eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta with certification in Anatomic Pathology / Clinical Pathology or General Pathology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the American Board of Pathology. Gynecological Fellowship and Cytopathology Fellowship is required for this position or a minimum of 5 years of specialty practice in Gynecological and Cytopathology.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Effective communication, experience in quality assurance, operational efficiency and appropriateness of care
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment that allows for delivery of quality service
- Ability to balance service and quality imperative in a resource-sensitive environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, building trust in working relationships, and being an overall team player
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Lab Medicine & Pathology
- Specialty: Anatomical Pathology
- Secondary Specialty: General Pathology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Precision Laboratories
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: An excellent remuneration package including relocation assistance is provided. Starting remuneration is commensurate with the level of fellowship training and experience. Remuneration range for a Pathologist in Alberta is $353,874.00 to $411,650.00. For more detailed information regarding the practice at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, please contactDr. Rizwan Rasheed, APL Laboratory Medicine Site ChiefEmail: Rizwan.Rasheed@albertaprecisionlabs.ca
- Community Info:
Edmonton is a vibrant urban centre in the heart of the wilderness, the largest northernmost metropolis, and the capital of Alberta, Canada. Experience what 18 hours of sunlight a day feels like in the summer, or how the first snowfall transforms the river valley in winter. No matter the season, Edmonton is made for exploring. For more info on exploring the City of Edmonton: https://exploreedmonton.com/
- Posting Date: Aug 30, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.