Anatomical Pathologist Full-time Job6 days ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 4 views
Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) is seeking a full time Anatomical Pathologist preferably with fellowship training in Breast Pathology, Gynecological, or Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology. Cytopathology and hospital autopsy training would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will join a team of 95+ laboratory physicians and scientists working mostly at an acute care institution with a smaller group of pathologists.Participation in a multi-site anatomic pathology on-call rotation is expected.
APL is a multi-site, province-wide laboratory providing comprehensive laboratory services.APL (Calgary Zone) processes 30+ million tests, 260,000 surgical specimens, 200,000 gynecologic cytology specimens, and 10,000 non-gynecologic cytology specimens annually. The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a setting with a similar case complexity.
APL is a publically funded wholly owned subsidiary corporation of Alberta Health Services (AHS), and is party to an affiliation agreement with the University of Calgary (UofC).The DPLM and APL offer residency-training programs in Anatomic Pathology, General Pathology, Neuropathology and Medical Microbiology, as well as Fellowship training in subspecialty areas within Anatomic Pathology, Hematopathology and Clinical Biochemistry.
In accordance with the Canadian Foreign Workers requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Alberta Precision Laboratories (APL) respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity. This position is available for AHS Sponsorship and relocation assistance.
Please note that all staff new to APL must provide criminal records check in compliance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.
Qualifications include a MD, eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta, and certification in Anatomic Pathology or General Pathology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology as well as subspecialty Fellowship training and/or Certification in Breast Pathology, Gynecological, or Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Effective communication, skills in quality assurance, operational efficiency and appropriateness of care
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment that allows for delivery of quality service
- Ability to balance service and quality imperative in a resource-sensitive environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, building trust in working relationships, and being an overall team player
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Precision Laboratories
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: An excellent remuneration package including relocation assistance is provided. The pathologist will function as a contractor with APL. Starting remuneration is commensurate with the level of training and experience. Remuneration range for a Laboratory Physician / Pathologist in Alberta is $353,874.00 to $411,650.00.
- Community Info:
Calgary is a vibrant city rich with beautiful landscapes, a picturesque skyline, and a dynamic array of experiences that allow both visitors and Calgarians to live in the moment. Calgary is ranked as the 3rd most livable city in the world (#1 in North America) by the Economist Intelligence Unit, for more info please see Visit Calgary | Tourism Calgary
- Posting Date: May 23, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.