Anesthesia Locums Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 5 views
Position posted is in consideration of current and future locum needs throughout the North Zone.
The North Zone is currently looking for Anesthesia Locum physicians to work alongside local community physicians and offer their Anesthesia based services, for slated surgeries, within various North Zone communities in need. Procedures and cases will be slated and vary depending on the site and facility resources.
Responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- To provide periodic Anesthesia services, for slated surgeries, within a North Zone community in need.
- Slated procedures will vary on the site and facility requesting Anesthesia assistance.
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) and/or proof of Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
- Must be eligible to practice as an Anesthesiologist Specialist or Family Medicine with Anesthesia skills per CPSA Standards required
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada desired
Candidate must have independent Anesthesia experiencewithin the past 1-2 years.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to be included with application.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta.
Eligible candidates will be contacted on an as needed basis.
- FTE: 1
- Department: Anesthesia
- Specialty: Anesthesiology
- Secondary Specialty: Hospital Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceThrough the Outreach and Travelling Physician Support Policy Visiting Specialists are eligible for monetary supports.
- Posting Date: Jan 25, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.