Anesthesiologist Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 29 views
The Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for the position of anesthesiologist as clinical lecturer at the Peter Lougheed Centre in Calgary.
We are looking for a 0.8 FTE. The starting date for the position is September 1, 2021.
You would be expected to be involved in all clinical areas of the section, including:
1. Clinical anesthesia care in the operating rooms, pre-operative assessment clinic(s), acute pain consultation service, non-OR anesthesia services (e.g. endoscopy, diagnostic imaging, woman’s health outpatient clinics), and obstetrical anesthesia.
2. As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities including eye clinics.
3. Take an active role in the education and instruction of medical students, anesthesia residents, off service residents, respiratory therapy students, orientees, and other allied health members in both the operating room and other anesthesia service areas.
4. Your call commitment will be consistent with that of a 0.8FTE for the Peter Lougheed Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine Section members.
5. Participate in simulation and team-training exercises.
6. Participate in Section and Zone-wide educational activities (in both presentation and audience roles).
7. Members are required to adhere to Section holiday and time off scheduling practices.
8. All Applicants are to familiarize themselves with the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, PLC Anesthesia Section Policies.
Additional Notes About Calgary
Peter Lougheed Centre is a tertiary care center affiliated with the University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine and is one section within the citywide Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine. We provide anesthesia for a range of surgical specialties, including vascular, orthopedic, general surgery, ENT, plastic, oromaxillofacial, as well as gynecology/obstetrics
The successful Candidate will have their FRCPC in Anesthesia; demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team; superior interpersonal communication skills; and a strong commitment to delivering innovative anesthetic care.
Applicants must be a qualified MD or equivalent, with specialist certification in anesthesia, eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta for independent anesthesia care. Fellowship training is favourable.
In addition to the above requisites, we would also give preference to candidates with experience in Vascular anesthesia. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support is a must.
Candidates must possess membership with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (with current maintenance of certification).
Please submit your CV, a statement of introduction and interest, three references, and a detailed summary of maintenance of certification activities (for the current cycle).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Section Chief Anesthesiology PLC
Applicants are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae (in pdf format) to Kaylyn Gallagher via Doctor Jobs Alberta by 30-Jun-2021
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.