Anesthesiologist Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 4 views
The Department of Anesthesiology Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone, invites applications for the position of Anesthesiologist. This post has an Academic position at the Clinical Lecturer level with the University Of Calgary Cumming School Of Medicine. Successful candidates who have not been previously employed in Calgary will be hired into a one year locum position with the expectation that at the end of the locum they will be offered an associate probationary appointment at one of the four adult sites, providing no concerns are raised during the locum period. Locums will have 3 block (4weeks/block) rotations through the four adult sites (Peter Lougheed Hospital, South Health Campus, Rockyview General Hospital and the Foothillls Medical Centre). The site of final four-week rotation is the choice of the locum and will be selected prior to starting the 7th block.For those who are not familiar with all of the adult sites in the AHS Calgary Zone, the following is a brief description of each of the adult sites found in the Calgary Zone. Each site is a tertiary care center that is affiliated with the University Of Calgary Cumming School Of Medicine.
- Foothills Medical Centre is a 1100-bed care centre that provides care to more than 2 million people in Calgary and surrounding areas. Sub specialty anesthesiology interests that can be accommodated include: thoracics, high risk obstetrics, acute pain, hepatobiliary, neuro, complex spines, and trauma.
- The South Health Campus provides anesthesia for a range of surgical specialties, including orthopedics, general surgery, ENT, plastics, as well as gynecology/obstetrics. Subspecialty interests include regional anesthesia, perioperative ultrasound as well as a transitional pain service. As Calgarys newest and smallest anesthesia section, we are keen to continue building a cohesive academic department.
- The Rockyview General Hospital provides anesthesia for a range of surgical specialties including orthopedics, ENT, plastic surgery, gynecology, ophthalmology, oculoplastics, general surgery and urology. We have a busy obstetrical suite. We also provide anesthetic care services for out-of-the-OR procedures such as ECT and an acute pain service.
- Peter Lougheed Centre provides anesthesia for a range of surgical specialties, including vascular, orthopedic, general surgery, ENT, plastic, oromaxillofacial, as well as gynecology/obstetrics. In addition, we provide care in a variety of out-of-OR locations. These include GI endoscopy, ECT, Radiology and Acute Pain Service in-patient management.
As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities, as well as other acute care sites as required by the Section or Zone department.
A standard position in the division will be a 1.0 FTE. This can be changed for academic or personal reasons by mutual consent. The starting date for this position will be on Jan 1, 2024 (by negotiation). The successful applicant will join a family-friendly and collegial department who work cooperatively to facilitate work-life balance.
The candidate will be encouraged to follow good professional and collegial behavior including but not limited to CME, Undergraduate and Postgraduate education, administrative duties, teamwork and simulation. The aim is all members should contribute to or support the academic mission of the department. There are department policies for equitable allocation of work, on call duties and vacation time.
Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care to Albertans every day.
We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Calgary Highlights: Calgary is approximately 80km east of the Canadian Rockies and is located in the transition zone between the Rocky Mountain Foothills and the Canadian prairies. It is the largest city in Alberta, with a metropolitan population of 1,392,609 people (Statistics Canada, 2016). The city is large in physical area, consisting of an inner city surrounded by suburban communities of various densities. Calgarys climate is greatly influenced by the citys elevation and proximity to the Rocky Mountains. Calgarys winters are broken up by warm, dry Chinook winds that routinely blow into the city from over the mountains during the winter months. There is easy access to many world class outdoor/mountain pursuits such as skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking and golf. Calgary has a vibrant theatre, art, food, sports and music community. It was designated as one of the cultural capitals of Canada in 2012. The city features an eclectic mix of restaurants and bars, cultural venues, public squares and shopping.
- Applicants must be a qualified MD or equivalent, with specialist certification in anesthesiology, eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta for independent anesthesia care.
- The successful Candidate will have their FRCPC in Anesthesia (or equivalent); have demonstrated the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team; superior interpersonal communication skills; and a strong commitment to delivering innovative anesthetic care.
- The Successful Candidate will have MBA in Medical Quality Assurance, Improvement and Safety.
- Desired competencies include Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support.
- The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Anesthesiology, Perioperative & Pain Med
- Specialty: Anesthesiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits. For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org.
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.