Anesthesiologist- CRH Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 8 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is hiring aFull-timeAnesthesiologistfor the Chinook Regional Hospital in Lethbridge.
The Department of Anesthesia provides 24-hour services to 7 operating theatres with over 10,400 surgeries yearly. One anesthesiologist daily provides acute pain services on the units, consult services, anesthesia for psychiatric electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and covers Labour & Delivery suite which sees over 2300 deliveries and 700 Cesarean sections yearly.
Full participation with group on call;
Average work: 44 weeks/year, 8 weeks/year off (including Christmas and NY slowdown)
Weekly hourly workload (over total # of weeks: 56 hrs/wk worked for contracted weeks [40 hrs/wk of day/elective work and 16 hrs/wk of on call work]
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (preferred)
- Must have or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (preferred)
- Position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Assessment; preference will be given to candidates that do not require Sponsorship/Assessments, and next to those who require SPA only of an assessment, and then to candidates requiring a full assessment.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Anesthesia
- Specialty: Anesthesiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Compensation for this position is Fee-for-ServiceFor more information on benefits please visit the Alberta Medical Association at www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000. CRH has 250 acute care beds, 45 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 15 NICU bassinets. CRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services. Lethbridge is a vibrant city with a population of just over 100,000 people; located in beautiful southern Alberta and close proximity to mountains.
- Posting Date: Aug 24, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.