Anesthesiologist - Red Deer Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 13 views
If a collegial working environment in a diverse community practice within a 90-minute drive to the Canadian Rocky Mountains is what you are looking for, you've come to the right place!
Alberta Health Services - Central Zone and the Department of Anesthesiology at Red Deer Regional Hospital is actively recruiting for a full-time FRCPC certified Anesthesiologist to join its department.
The position will also provide support to the Olds and Innisfail Hospitals.
Alberta Health Services hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Certified or eligible for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification
- Have completed, or be currently enrolled in an Anesthesiology residency program (in Canada preferred);
- Be eligible for full licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
In accordance with Alberta Health Services' Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Anesthesia
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee For Service
- Community Info: Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre includes all surgical specialties except cardiac, thoracic, and neurosurgery. Additional anesthesia services are provided for an obstetrical operating room, a satellite day surgery centre in Innisfail, AB, and a pre-admission clinic. 12,500 - 12,750 surgical cases are performed at our centre annually. Pediatric patients with a minimum age of 1 are a part of our anesthesia practice. There is the opportunity for participation in medical teaching though the Red Deer based family medicine program and anesthesiology resident electives.
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.