Associate Zone Medical Director (AZMD), Patient Flow, Demand Capacity, Emergency Medicine, 0623EDMpcc01539 Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 15 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Associate Zone Medical Director (AZMD), Patient Flow, Demand Capacity, Emergency Medicine.
This 0.50 to 0.80 FTE (negotiable) position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, the AZMD, Patient Flow, Demand Capacity, Emergency Medicine, is a Senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone reporting directly to the Edmonton Zone Medical Director (EZMD); providing senior leadership in support of the EZMD; contributing expert guidance and advice on Zone strategic planning and policy matters; providing senior leadership to special projects and programmatic development at the request of the EZMD; acting as a designate for the EZMD in their absence; assuming executive physician on-call rotation for the Zone; and performing all other zonal duties as delegated by the EZMD.
This position is accountable for, but not limited to, providing senior medical leadership for Patient Flow, Demand Capacity, and Emergency Medicine
The AZMD Patient Flow, Demand Capacity, Emergency Medicine has experience in a matrix organizational structure and a track record in building and enhancing effective partnerships with academic institutions, professional associations, and other community and clinical settings. Other major accountabilities include:
- Quality Management ensure the ongoing monitoring of quality clinical/medical practice across the Zone and ensure effective processes are in place to encourage best practice and improve clinical outcomes;
- Performance Management support the performance monitoring of direct reports;
- Administrative/Leadership Acting as a designate for the EZMD in their absence; assuming executive physician on call rotation for the Zone; and performing specific duties as determined by the Edmonton Zone Medical Director in accordance with the needs of AHS, Edmonton Zone.
- Patient Safety: advocating for the provision of high quality and safe patient care in the Facility(ies) and/or community(ies).
The position has an expected start date of approximately Oct 1st, 2023 and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution, and negotiation. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety working as a part of a leadership team. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
Candidates must be registered or eligible for registration with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent, eligible to work in Canada, and be eligible for or have current licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to:
Dr. Kirstie McLelland
Acting Edmonton Zone Medical Director (EZMD)
c/o Jorn Starko at Jorn.Starko@ahs.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- FTE: 0.8
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Jun 16, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.