Associate Zone Medical Director (AZMD) Primary Care, Continuing Care, Community Care and Suburban Hospitals, 0223EDMpcc00004 Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 5 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Associate Zone Medical Director (AZMD) Primary Care, Continuing Care, Community Care and Suburban Hospitals.
This 0.50 to 0.80 FTE (negotiable) position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, is a Senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone reporting directly to the Edmonton Zone Medical Director (EZMD); providing senior leadership in support of the EZMD; contributing expert guidance and advice on Zone strategic planning and policy matters; providing senior leadership to special projects and programmatic development at the request of the EZMD; acting as a designate for the EZMD in their absence; assuming executive physician on-call rotation for the Zone; and performing all other zonal duties as delegated by the EZMD.
This position is accountable for, but not limited to, providing senior medical leadership for Primary Care, Continuing Care, Community Care and Suburban Hospitals.
The AZMD will have experience working in a dyad relationship with Operational Leadership and a track record of building and enhancing effective partnerships with physician groups, primary care and community partners.Other major accountabilities include:
- Patient Safety -advocating for the provision of high quality and safe patient care in the Facility(ies) and/or community(ies).
- Administrative/Leadership Acting as a designate for the EZMD in their absence; assuming executive physician on call rotation for the Zone; and performing specific duties as determined by the Edmonton Zone Medical Director in accordance with the needs of AHS, Edmonton Zone.
- Quality Management ensure the ongoing monitoring of quality clinical/medical practice across the Zone and ensure effective processes are in place to encourage best practice and improve clinical outcomes;
- Performance Management support the performance monitoring of direct reports;
The position has an expected start date of approximately April 1st, 2023 and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, collaboration, team building, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety working as a part of a leadership team. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership.
Candidates must be registered or eligible for registration with the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or equivalent and eligible to work in Canada, and be eligible for or have current licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to Dr. Kirstie McLelland c/o
Jorn Starko at Jorn.Starko@ahs.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is February 28th, 2023; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- FTE: 0.8
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Feb 3, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.