Beaverlodge Community Medical Director (CMD) Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 23 views
Reporting to the Associate Zone Medical Director, the Community Medical Director (CMD) is a key leadership position within the North Zone and Alberta Health Services. The CMD is accountable for all physician-related matters, as well as all operational and strategic issues and decisions requiring physician input or leadership that arises within their community.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) has adopted a Dyad Model for leadership. This refers to a leadership model in which a medical leader and an operational leader are partnered in a shared and complementary decision-making relationship. Significant decisions and recommendations are made jointly, and there is considerable overlap in the accountability of the two partners. In a competent and professional manner, the CMD must possess a Zone-wide perspective and an approach to leadership by contributing to the broader AHS vision. The CMD will promote an environment that fosters quality improvement, a safe, culturally-diverse environment for staff, physicians and patients and a commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Meet with your operational DYAD partners and Department Heads regularly
- Leadership development of medical leaders
- Attend North Zone Senior Leadership meetings as required
- Attend Medical Staff Meetings
- Periodic reviews for Department Heads (every 3 years, or annual for staff >65 years old) at request of Zone Medical Director
- Participate in Zone and Provincial work as designated by the Zone Medical Director
- Identify need for and manage recruitment together with Medical Affairs
- Workforce service planning
- Support facility to manage local issues related to physicians, including concerns and complaints
- Identify organizational risks (patient safety, political, media) and escalate to medical and operational leadership
- Represent the facility positively to external stakeholders
A full job description can be available upon request.
Qualifications:The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Posting Date: Jun 30, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.