Cardiologist CH-22-GNCH-CAR-CARDIO-02 Full-time Job10 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 33 views
Covenant Health in partnership with Alberta Health Services and the Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta, invites applications for a Cardiologist to be based primarily at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful applicants will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, which will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
You will be joining a team of Cardiologists with whom you will collaborate to deliver inpatient care and consultation services to hospital patients. This position will participate in the programs on-call in-patient schedule while maintaining a community-based practice.
Key clinical accountabilities will include but will not be limited to: equitable Pacemaker service, Outpatient General Cardiology Clinic, Inpatient service, Emergency Triage, CCU coverage and equitable share of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching responsibilities.
The start date is negotiable. Posting will be active until a suitable candidate is found.
- MD or equivalent.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Training in pacemaker implantation and programming. Expertise and commitment to quality care and patient safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) in the healthcare environment.
- Understanding of Just Culture and its role in healthcare.
- Preference will be given to applicants with echocardiography training Level 2.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Cardiac Sciences
- Specialty: Cardiology
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and EDI education.
- Posting Date: Jan 21, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.