Cardiologist - Red Deer Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 63 views
We are looking for a Cardiologist that will practice general cardiology including providing a full range of cardiovascular diagnosis, treatment plans and options, and will work with other physicians with collegiality when making decisions regarding patients care. Preference will be given to those Cardiologists who have advanced training in Echocardiography or Nuclear Cardiology.
This position requires a scope of practice that will include: Clinical Practice, Inpatient Care, Outpatient Care, , Emergency Consults and On-call Coverage. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in the scope of practice to be performed.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Cardiology practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician.
- Previous inpatient experience
- Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
In accordance with Alberta Health Services' Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 28, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.