Central Zone - Clinical Section Chief - Gastroenterology Part-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 7 views
Medical Leadership - Expression of Interest
As a Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC), you will provide medical leadership and be the face of the Zone Clinical Section of Gastroenterology. This is a significant position within Central Zone and Alberta Health Services. You will play a key part in the implementation of strategic initiatives that guide our mission and purpose: To provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans. As well, you will be leading your physician colleagues and you are often the first point of section issues relating to physicians for operational leaders, and so your ability to build positive effective connected relationships with all staff of the section is crucial.
Although the ZCSC has a number of formal responsibilities under the bylaws, perhaps the most important part of their work is developing a cultureof collaboration between department members, between the department and operational sta, and with other departments to ensure delivery of high quality and safe patient care.
- recommending Medical Staff Appointments and Clinical Privileges, as well as changes to Appointments and Clinical Privileges to the Zone Clinical Department Head
- contributing to development of rules and procedures of the site in keeping with service responsibilities
- supervising the clinical work of hospital department members ;
- assisting in the development of AHS-wide criteria for procedures new to AHS;
- together with the Zone Clinical Department Head promoting educational programs for department members and other staff associated with geriatrics ;
- developing and promoting departmental research activities;
- ensuring that Zone Clinical Department policies regarding quality of Patient care and safety are developed and implemented;
- performing Triggered Initial Assessments and Triggered Reviews as delegated by the Zone Clinical Department Head
- assisting the Zone Clinical Department Head in performing Periodic Reviews & Performance Assessment for members of the Zone Clinical Section
- acting as a designate for the Zone Clinical Department Head for those duties assigned or designate by the Bylaws or Rules;
- work collaboratively with Zone Medical Affairs to develop and maintain a physician workforce plan for the Department and site
- other duties as may be delegated by the Zone Clinical Department Head
Estimated time commitment
0.5 day/week (0.10 FTE/week)
Informal enquiries and discussion prior to application welcomed. Job Description available upon request
- Certification by the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In addition, the applicant must have:
- the candidate has experience in improvement and innovation in service delivery and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must licensure with or be eligible with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Community Info:
- Posting Date: Jan 18, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.