Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist 20-GNCH-PSY-CHILD-31 Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 51 views
Covenant Health, in partnership with Alberta Health Services and the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, are inviting applications for a Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to join a dynamic multidisciplinary team at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital.
The successful candidate will join another child psychiatrist in the Child Health Clinic in seeing outpatient referrals from community physicians for psychiatric consults at the modern and custom-designed clinic space at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital. The successful candidate will also have responsibilities for supporting the mental health needs of patients in the Pediatrics for Kids in Care (PKIC) program, working with a multidisciplinary team (physicians, nurse practitioners, unit manager, RN, LPN, social worker, case workers, and admin support) at the same site. The program works in partnership with Child and Family Services (CFS), with a focus on the well-being and medical needs of at risk and often socially vulnerable children. This program provides children in care with a medical home for consistency of care. The program collaborates across medical disciplines and within multiple government ministries (Education, Justice, Childrens Services and Health). The program provides education to medical learners at various levels of training.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years clinical experience. A thorough understanding of the mental health needs of children who experience physical and emotional trauma is essential. Having a working knowledge of Family and Child Services is an asset. Familiarity with Connect Care is an asset. The successful candidate should have necessary interpersonal skills to successfully collaborate with academic and community colleagues. Interested applicants must hold an MD, have or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and must have specialist qualifications, FRCPC in Psychiatry or equivalent.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Addiction & Mental Health
- Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on a fee-for service schedule; however a clinical ARP in the future would be supported
- Community Info: Covenant is Canadas largest Catholic provider of health care, with 26 Catholic facilities in 15 communities across Alberta. As a major provider in Albertas integrated health system, the Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) works with Alberta Health Services and community partners to positively influence the health of Albertans through a broad range of programs and services in our hospitals, health centres and continuing care centres.
- Posting Date: Apr 14, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 29, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.