The Department of Addiction & Mental Health, Alberta Health Services is recruiting a Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist for a 0.5 FTE role based primarily at the Royal Alexandra Hospital Acute Inpatient Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit. This position shares on-call with the other RAH and STO psychiatrists at the Stollery ED.
Candidates must be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry and preferably have subspecialty certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. S/he must also be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.5
- Department: Addiction & Mental Health
- Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Secondary Specialty: Addiction Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is fee-for-service, supplemented by on-call and administrative sessional payments.
- Community Info: Alberta Health Services, Department of Addiction & Mental Health in partnership with the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Department of Psychiatry, is inviting applications from psychiatrists with expertise in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Our multi-disciplinary teams consisting of psychiatry, nursing, psychology, occupational therapy, social work, education, and speech language pathology provide assistance for more than 1.4 million people in Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
- Posting Date: Apr 14, 2022
- Closing Date: Sep 16, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.