Child Community Psychiatrist - Red Deer Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 57 views
Alberta Health Services invites applications for the position of a Child Psychiatrist within the department of Mental Health for Central Zone Children's Services.
The successful candidate will provide a scope of practice that includes inpatient, outpatient, telehealth for outlying areas and a clinical practice. Support for Mental Health Programs throughout Central Zone is expected. A successful candidate will be responsible for Emergency on-call.
Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
Required Additional Desired Competencies
- Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of patients.
- Experience within the past 24 months being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
- Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
In accordance with Alberta Health Services' Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Mental Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.