Child Psychiatrist - Pediatric Consultation Liaison Part-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 28 views
The position is full time with 0.6 FTE for Consultation Liaison Psychiatry.
Perform duties related to patient care (e.g. attend multidisciplinary case management rounds as required, complete new assessments and as needed follow up meetings with patients and their families and or case coordinators, engage in discussions with case managers, family meetings) Monday through Friday for a minimum of 5 half days/week to be further allocated as per the requirements decided by PCL medical director/ physician lead.
Be available to respond to case manager concerns Monday through Friday from 8 am – 4 pm.
Work with the physician lead or case managers to help patient achieve stability and functional goals
Liaise collegially with inpatient and outpatient physicians regarding the status of their referrals to the programs, and if necessary, around the time of discharge or transfer from CL programs.
Provide timely documentation of clinical encounters and any other necessary documentation.
Support colleagues in providing cross coverage for vacations
Be agreeable to be part of system wide on call rotation for Child Psychiatry based at ACH. This will have different rotation schedule than the daytime coverage and CL coverage.
Goals for CL Psychiatry
- Psychiatric Assessments and follow up for medical inpatients referred to PCL
- Psychiatric Assessment and follow up for outpatients referred from ACH medical clinics
- Ensuring the completion of documentation on time for expedited transfers
- Providing advice to ACH inpatient physicians where required
- Coordinating care and transferring patients to the destination sites in consultation with the bed coordinator and the Most Responsible Physician (MRP) during the day
- Providing teaching opportunities to Child and Youth Psychiatric Specialty trainees, Psychiatric, pediatric and neurology residents and medical students as a part of affiliation with University of Calgary Cummings School of Medicine.
Alberta Children’s Hospital (ACH) has 133 inpatient beds and it one of the topmost children’s hospital in Canada. The Pediatric Consultation Liaison Service and Somatic Symptom Rehabilitation Clinic provide consultation services to inpatient and outpatient medical services based at ACH. We currently have 3 part time psychiatrists working in the PCL Service. Additional staff include a Family Therapist, Nurse Clinician, a part time pharmacist and administrative assistant. There is a shared manager for this program. The Somatic Symptom Rehabilitation Clinic is a joint venture between pediatrics and psychiatry and has been an excellent collaborative program, providing intensive, multidisciplinary treatment to the most severe somatic symptom disorder cases.
- FRCPC qualifications in Psychiatry with accredited training in Child Psychiatry. FRCPC in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or equivalent other qualification will be preferred.
- Expert knowledge of commonly presenting psychiatric disorders and somatization disorders (for CL and Somatic Clinic).
- Ability to manage a broad range of psychiatric medications
- Expert knowledge and skills in the application of CBT, DBT, and/or other relevant psychotherapies for mood, anxiety and/or psychotic disorders in both 1:1 and group therapy settings
- Experience working with families
- Experience working with multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary settings
- Willingness to engage in initiatives for betterment of mental health services for children and their families
- Willingness to work closely with dyad partners, management partners to address system issues
- Knowledge and management of concurrent disorders in a clinical setting
- A clear understanding of recovery orientated practice
- Interest and experience in medical education with a focus on resident training
- Ability to provide patient care virtually, in person, and/or in a blended format
- FRCPC with accredited training in Child Psychiatry. FRCPC in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or equivalent other qualification will be preferred.
- The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- The candidate must read, write and speak English.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority
Fee For Service
Dr. Abdul Rahman
Section Chief C&A Inpatient and Day Services, AHS Calgary Zone, Alberta Canada
Applicants are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae (in pdf format) to Abdul.Rahman@albertahealthservices.ca
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.