Co-Medical Director, Infection Prevention Control (CH-23-CHML-IPC-CO-MD-01) Temporary/Casual Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton Zone 10 views
Covenant Health invites applications for the medical leadership position of Co-Medical Director, Infection Prevention Control (IPC). This leadership position provides services across all Covenant sites, and most responsibilities can be performed remotely in collaboration with their colleague Co-Medical Director, IPC located at the Misericordia Hospital.
This is a one year, 0.32 FTE LOCUM opportunity from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform the role of Co-Medical Director, IPC for all Covenant Health sites.
- Link with the Medical Officers of Health, as required.
- Work with the Co-Medical Director, IPC; Deputy CMO; Corporate Director IPC; and the Infection Control Practitioners to ensure a comprehensive IPC program is delivered effectively, as per Alberta Health IPC Standards.
- Work closely with the Alberta Health Services IPC program to align and integrate Covenant Health IPC Policies and Procedures with AHS Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in IPC Team Meetings.
- Be actively involved with the Covenant Health Infection Control Committees (ICC), providing feedback and/or guidance.
- Communicate and encourage engagement and cooperation of Medical Staff in IPC initiatives.
- Work with Strategic Analytics and the ICPs to ensure quarterly IPC dashboards are developed and communicated to all programs/sites.
- Work with Strategic Analytics and the IPCs to ensure other annual surveillance reports, as determined by IPC program i.e. Antibiotic Resistant Organisms, C. Difficile and Surgical Site Infections are developed and communicated, as required.
- Work with the respective ICPs and programs to participate in IPC quality initiatives to improve surveillance results.
- Participate in the development of an IPC Board Report on a quarterly basis.
- Provide feedback and support for IPC Policies and Procedures and ensure that they are consistent across all sites.
- Participate in all Accreditation Canada activities as appropriate.
- Provide Medical Leadership and guidance for new IPC initiatives that Covenant Health and/or Alberta Health Services may establish.
The successful candidate will be an MD with training or experience in Infection Prevention & Control, Medical Microbiology, and/or Public Health and must be eligible for and obtain appointment to the AHS Medical Staff and Covenant Health clinical privileges.
Interested applicants should apply online through the DrJobsAB website with a Letter of Intent and CV attention to:
Dr. Jennine Wismark
Deputy Chief Medical Officer
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 0.32
- Department: Infectious Diseases
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration in accordance with Covenant Health Medical Leadership FTE/stipend principles and established structure.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) education.
- Posting Date: Sep 12, 2023
- Closing Date: Oct 12, 2023
- Target Start Date: Jan 1, 2024
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.