Diagnostic Radiologist - CCA80150018 Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 13 views
The Cross Cancer Institute, in conjunction with the University of Alberta and Alberta Health Services, is recruiting into a radiologist position with a keen interest in oncologic imaging, as well as strong cross-sectional and procedural skills to join the current group ofradiologists. The position start date is effective immediately. The ideal candidates will have completed a dedicated body imaging fellowship, with multimodality experience involving image guided procedures. Preference will be given to candidates who have had practical work experience in body imaging. Applicants without a body fellowship, but with strong clinical and leadership experience in oncologic imaging, are also encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. FRCPC status is preferred. The Cross Cancer Institute serves as the comprehensive cancer treatment and research facility for Edmonton and all of Northern Alberta. The position is predominantly clinical, but will include academic / teaching / administration components. Candidates would have an academic appointment within the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants shouldapply onlineandarrange to have a current curriculum vitae as well as the names of three references forwarded to:
Robert MacEwan, MD, FRCPC
Diagnostic Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine Physician
Facility Clinical Department Site Chief, Diagnostic Imaging
Cross Cancer Institute
11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta. T6G 1Z2
COVID-19Immunizations: Please provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 in compliance with AHSs COVID Immunization Policy. Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two dose vaccine, or the fist dose of a single dose of a single vaccine.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Diagnostic Imaging
- Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: The starting income will be commensurate with the level of training and experience.
- Community Info: Edmonton has been ranked as one of the top 10 places to live in Canada (of over 200 cities), beating out better known contenders such as Toronto and Vancouver, based on criteria such as affordability, employment, wealth statistics, access to medical care, and public transportation. The city boasts wide ethnic diversity, fine restaurants, extensive arts and cultural opportunities, and was even named as the Cultural Capital of Canada in recent years. As one of Canada's sunniest cities, Edmonton is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. In addition to the city's extensive urban park system surrounding the North Saskatchewan River, Banff and Jasper National Parks are both an easy drive away.
- Posting Date: May 12, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.