Diagnostic Radiology Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician North Zone 10 views
The community of Cold Lake is currently looking for a Radiologist to join their existing team of Family Medicine Physicians and Specialists. The successful candidate must be eligible to practice in Alberta.
Duties include, but not be limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in the community of Cold Lake.
- Establish and maintain a full time practice within the community.
- Provide call support as per the Diagnostic Imaging call schedule as required..
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; interest in management.
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Candidate must have hands on Diagnostic Imaging/Medical Imaging experience in Rural setting within the past 1-2 years. Experience in offering these services as the sole provider required.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require, or have completed, the CPSA Practice Readiness Assessment (PRA-AB).
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta www.cpsa.ab
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Diagnostic Health
- Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Posting Date: Jul 17, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.