Emergency Medicine - Grande Prairie Regional Hospital Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician North Zone 177 views
GRANDE PRAIRIE - The Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is a newly opened "state-of-the-art" 194 bed regional facility and is currently accepting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) emergency medicinephysicianVirtual Tour - Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
The successful candidate must have current experience (or within 1-2 years) in a busy Regional Emergency Department and be Royal College certified (RFCPC) or have Canadian College of Family Physician - Emergency Medicine certification and/or a willingness to write the Emergency Medicine examination.
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Grande Prairie
Equitable and fair participation in the emergency call schedule for the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
Provide hospital support, as required
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians, Emergency Medicine (CCFP-EM), or a willingness to sit the EM exam.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Canada or Eligibility- FRCPC (desired)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting will close once suitable candidate is found.
Under Alberta'sHealth Professions Act and Physicians, Surgeons and Osteopaths Profession Regulation, you must be a registered
member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to practice medicine in Alberta. To find more information on the certification process see the CPSA Licensing Process on the website -CPSA Eligibility
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits - https://www.albertadoctors.org/services
- Posting Date: Sep 18, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.