Emergency Medicine Locum (CH-23-GNCH-EM-LOC-04) Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 11 views
Covenant Health, in partnership with Alberta Health Services and the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Department of Emergency Medicine, invites applications for a locum Emergency Medicine Specialist at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. This is an outstanding practice opportunity to work on a committed and creative team serving local and outlying communities in Albertas Edmonton Zone. This role will have 10-12 shifts/month with a chance of additional shifts.
- MD or equivalent.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Certification in Emergency Medicine with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the College of Family Physicians Canada (FRCPC or CCFP-EM)
- ACLS, PALS, and ATLC Competency.
- Expertise and commitment to quality care and patient safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) in the healthcare environment.
- Understanding of Just Culture and its role in healthcare.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and EDI education.
- Posting Date: Dec 11, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.