Emergency Medicine Physician (23-WHC-EM-LOC-12) Temporary/Casual Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 6 views
Alberta Health Services is inviting applications from Emergency Medicine Physicians to join the Department of Emergency Medicine in the Edmonton Zone.A total of up to 3.0FTE in locum positions are offered from February 1, 2023 June 30, 2023.
Benefits of working at a smaller site such as Westview include the following:
- A close knit team dynamic with strong collegial work environment between physicians, nurses, and other allied health team members.
- Faster time to disposition with quick lab and x-ray turnaround, as well as staff to staff consultation through RAAPID with immediate advice regarding transfer of care, follow-up, or management.
- On average, less complexity, allowing physicians to spend more time with sicker patients when required.
- More opportunities to do procedures that may be performed by consultant services in the tertiary centres (peri-tonsillar abscess I & D, priapism decompression, chest tubes) along with the time to do them.
- Opportunity to sharpen your clinical skills as radiology isnt as readily available
- Strong focus on work life balance. Flexible vacation time.
Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule.
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications should apply online with a letter of intent, curriculum vitae and two reference letters, attention to the contact below. Note: For graduating Residents, one reference letter must be from your Program Director or Assistant Program Director. For practicing physicians, one reference letter must be from a recent Facility Chief. Please inform your references to send their confidential letters to :Dr. Alexei Khair (email@example.com).
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and letter of interest through https://doctorjobsalberta.albertahealthservices.ca/
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022 Noon
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills and a passion for quality and patient safety and will be considered a strong clinician by their peers. The successful candidate will have, or be eligible for, certification in Emergency Medicine with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada or the College of Family Physicians Canada (FRCPC or CCFP-EM) and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. Family Physicians with a CCFP certification and Rural Emergency Medicine experience will also be considered. ACLS, PALS, and ATLS competency are required. Residents must be eligible to write the appropriate exam at the next sitting. In collaboration with their colleagues, the successful candidate will deliver care and consultation services to emergency patients and participate in the programs rotating shift schedule.
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Remuneration is fee-for-service.
- Community Info:
Westview Health Centre is a suburban hospital located approximately 20 minutes west of Edmonton and provides 24h emergency department services, a family medicine inpatient service, day surgery/endoscopy, outpatient IV clinic, wound care, minor fracture clinic, public health, and a variety of other programs.
The emergency department is composed of 10 monitored beds, a resuscitation room, and 10 non-monitored treatment spaces including a rapid assessment area. X-ray and Lab are on site 24/7, with ultrasound available during the week days.
- Posting Date: Sep 15, 2022
- Closing Date: Sep 30, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.