Emergency Medicine Physician Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 25 views
The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital Emergency Department is currently accepting applications for a full-time emergency physician. The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital is a level 3 Regional Trauma referral centre averaging 39,000 emergency visits per year with a catchment area of 110,000 in South Eastern Alberta. Emergency Department offers 24-hour service with 14 full and part-time Emergency Physicians. The emergency department offers a flexible self-scheduling system.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- 14-15 shifts per month: 6-9 hours duration
- Dual physician coverage during the day
- Respond to in-hospital code blue
- Full service emergency care including trauma and resuscitation
In addition to the roles and responsibilities above, the Contractor shall:
- Establish and maintain a full time clinical practice in the Zone Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital; A full time practice is defined as providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other equivalent practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader on site in the clinical service;
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat;
- Meet the expectations for Emergency Medicine practitioners as may be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader for the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine, Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
- Participate fully in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital; and AHS in general, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably. The participating physician will acknowledge, actively support, and work towards the expected outcomes measures that in the domains of safety (e.g. adverse outcomes/incidents, effectiveness, and patient and family satisfaction;
- Attendance at meetings as is reasonably expected of any member of the AHS Medical Staff.
Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
The successful applicants shall have or be eligible for certification for CCFP (EM) or RCPSC in Emergency Medicine and must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and surgeons of Alberta.
Current ACLS, ATLS, CCFP-EM are mandatory; PALS is recommended.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee-for-Service.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Incentives:Several benefits are available to physicians through the AMA. To receive these benefits, physicians must be members of the AMA or pay a non-member administration fee.
- Community Info: Medicine Hat is a community of 65,671 + with a drawing population of 110,000 located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent year-round destination for all ages. The city of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work, play, and raise a family. Medicine Hat has the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta, and an enviable climate. Known as the "Oasis of the Prairies", Medicine Hat is Canada's sunniest city.Thank you for your interest in a position at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in Medicine Hat, Alberta; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.