Emergency Medicine Physician Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 6 views
The Department of Emergency Medicine (Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone) is now accepting applications for a fulltime emergency physician. Only physicians who have completed a year of locum in the Emergency Department are eligible.
The Calgary Department of Emergency Medicine encompasses two emergency medicine residency programs and four hospital sites seeing over 300,000 patients per year. In addition to a full spectrum of high acuity clinical medicine, trauma, and cardiac care, we have active programs in human patient simulation and EM ultrasound, and Calgary is the home of STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society), one of North America longest operating rotary wing aero medical systems. The Calgary Department of Emergency Medicine has a growing academic program with research and teaching opportunities.
The expectations of the Emergency Department for the position you are being offered are as follows:
To provide clinical care at one or more of the Calgary adult emergency sites.
- Assist in the evaluation of trainees in the Emergency Medicine Residency program and other medical learners.
- Perform clinical/bedside teaching while performing clinical duties in the Emergency Department.
- Provide at least 24 hours of non-clinical (teaching, research, or quality improvement) activities for the year.
Involvement in, or support for, ongoing research projects in the Emergency Department.
Continuing Medical Education:
- Participate in the accredited CME programs of your appropriate Professional College.
- Present at least one or more Educational Rounds as required by the department.
- Volunteer and/or participate in departmental tasks as assigned by the Zone Clinical Department Head or Deputy Head, including participation on committees.
- Where possible, attend departmental Physician Business/Town Hall Committee meetings held quarterly and or Department Retreats held annually.
- Apply to the University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, for an academic appointment in the Faculty of Medicine. This is now a condition of employment as the Department has University Department status.
CCFP (EM), ABEM or FRCPC training and certification is required, as well as eligibility for licensure in the province of Alberta.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write, and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for service
- Posting Date: May 29, 2023
- Closing Date: Jun 7, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.