Emergency Medicine Physician- CRH Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 68 views
The AHS South Zone Emergency Department at Chinook Regional Hospital is currently accepting applications for two full-time Emergency Medicine Physician positions.
The Contractor shall:
- Establish and maintain a full time clinical practice in the Zone Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine; A full time practice is defined as providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other equivalent practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader on site in the clinical service;
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community in which the AHS clinical role is located;
- Meet the expectations for Emergency Medicine practitioners as may be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine;
- Participate fully in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Emergency Medicine;
- Attendance at meetings as is reasonably expected of any member of the AHS Medical Staff.
The Candidate must:
- Provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19;
- have certification of CCFP (EM) or FRCPC;
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
- Ability to work in a Level 3 Regional Trauma referral centre serving South Western Alberta;
Current PALS, ACLS and ATLS are desired
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for Service.For more information on benefits please visit the Alberta Medical Association
- Community Info:
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000. CRH has a 28 bed ED with roughly 60,000 visits per year; on a busy day the department sees about 200 patients a day. CRH also has 250 acute care beds, 45 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 15 NICU bassinets. CRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services. Lethbridge is a vibrant city of 100,00 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary. Winters are warmer than in the more northern parts of the province - Chinook winds provide welcome thaws. The Chinook is a warm winter wind that keeps humidity low and moderates winter temperatures. Low annual precipitation rates make for an excellent climate and keeps summers warm and dry. Lethbridge has excellent recreation facilities for both indoor and outdoor activities. There is skiing and mountain biking to the west. There are some lakes within twenty (20) minutes to a half an hour from Lethbridge for boating, wind surfing or sailing.
Recruiter: Alecia Kerber; email@example.com
**Locum opportunties availableas part of the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest in a position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.