Emergency Medicine Physician - Locum - Devon General Hospital (23-DGH-EM-LOC-35) Temporary/Casual Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 10 views
Alberta Health Services in partnership with the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, is inviting applications from Emergency Medicine Physicians to join the Department of Emergency Medicine in the Edmonton Zone. There is one part-time (0.5 FTE) Locum position available with a start date as soon as possible.
Shifts will be 8 hours, covering days/evenings/nights/weekends. A full-time schedule generally represents 10-12 clinical shifts per month.
Remuneration is fee-for-service
The candidate will have exceptional communication skills and a passion for quality and patient safety. They will be considered a strong clinician by their peers.
The successful applicant will have, or be eligible for, certification in Emergency Medicine with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada or the College of Family Physicians Canada (FRCPC or CCFP-EM) and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
ACLS, PALS, ATLS and NRP competency are required.
Residents must be eligible to write the appropriate exam at the next sitting.
All physicians hired to the Department of Emergency Medicine are required to have current ACLS, ATLS, and PALS certification or certification must be completed within 6 months of hire.
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications should apply through doctorjobsalberta.com and forward the following information to the contact below:
- A letter of interest that speaks to your interest in the DGH Emergency Department, short and long term career goals, and ways in which you hope to contribute to the department
- Curriculum vitae
- Supply the names and contact information of your three references, one of which should be your prior chief of service or program director, as well as inform your references to send their confidential letters to:Dr. Bash Amien (email@example.com)
Details about the University of Alberta, the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry and the Department of Emergency Medicine, can be found on the Facultys Home Page atwww.med.ualberta.ca. Details about Alberta Health Services and the City of Edmonton can be found at www.ahs.ca and www.edmonton.ca.
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is fee-for-service.
- Posting Date: May 26, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.