Endocrinologist Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 20 views
We are looking for an Endocrinologist who will provide both inpatient and outpatient services, with optional GIM coverage. Inpatient Call would be Mon-Fri 0800-1700, but candidate should be available to consult for endocrine related inpatient concerns. Outpatient services will be provided both within AHS clinics as well as private outside general endocrine clinic.
Candidates require recent and relevant experience in the scope of practice to be performed.
Candidates must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, or a valid Notification of Eligibility Letter from the CPSA.
Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Endocrinology practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician.
Previous inpatient experience
Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC)
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Hospital Name: Red Deer Regional Hospital CentreNo. of Inpatient Beds: 222No. of Surgical Beds: 72No. of Intensive Care Beds: 18No. of Labor & Delivery Beds: 33No. of Day Surgery Beds: 31Hospital Statistics:Deliveries: 2500/ yearAvailable Specialty Services (full-time and part-time):Orthopaedic Surgeon provides and has a pre-op clinic, full day of surgery and post op clinic every second week.A full time General Surgeon is on site that provides services including appendectomy, colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures.Radiology Services:Diagnostic ImagingUltrasoundComputerized Tomography (CT) ScanMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Laboratory Hours of Operation: 24 hoursKidney Dialysis Unit on Site: YesCancer Treatment Services Available on Site: Yes
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.