Covenant Health invites applications to join our senior medical leadership team as Facility Chief, Cardiac Sciences, Misericordia Community Hospital (MCH) in a 0.10 FTE capacity.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) education.
The Facility Chief, Cardiac Sciences is a key medical leader in Covenant Health, accountable for leading the clinical department of Cardiac Sciences at the Misericordia Hospital. The Facility Chief position holds a dual reporting relationship to the Facility Medical Director (FMD) and to the AHS Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH) for Cardiac Sciences.
The Facility Chief will have five primary accountabilities in their role as a Covenant Health Medical Leader:
- Leadership Medical Advisory Committees, communication, coaching and mentoring.
- Operational Expectations working with Dyad partner(s) in areas of program management, and organizational initiatives such as Mission Inspired Culture (MIC) and Accreditation.
- Quality Councils participation in quality councils and quality initiatives.
- Patient Concerns conducting Triggered Reviews as per the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Recruitment and Retention of Medical Staff.
The Facility Chief will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Supporting the FMD from a medical leadership perspective, to promote clinical practice changes deemed necessary by the site to ensure quality patient care.
- Providing leadership and support to advance the perspectives and advice of department members.
- Coaching and working with department members to maintain harmonious relationships.
- Participating in the completion of AHS Periodic Reviews as requested by the ZCDH.
- Conducting Triggered Reviews in response to patient and/or staff concerns, as requested by the Covenant Health CMO.
- Ensuring continuous quality improvement by working with department members to enhance and monitor the quality of clinical care. The Facility Chief will ensure that evidence informed clinical standards of care and defined health outcomes are realized within the department.
- Collaboratively leading department members in zone, site, and academic initiatives, and support the FMD and ZCDH to facilitate quality clinical outcomes.
- Developing and fostering a strong working dyad relationship with the Senior Director Operations (SDO) and Program Managers within the clinical program to facilitate physician understanding of and participation in site service delivery plans.
- Representing the department at both site FMAC and ZCDEC (Zone Clinical Department Executive Committee) meetings. The Facility Chief will keep department members apprised of the discussions, outcomes, and zone initiatives.
- Supporting the academic mission of the University of Alberta's Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology in research, education and innovation.
The successful applicant will be a respected practicing physician and must be eligible for and obtain appointment to the AHS Medical Staff and Covenant Health clinical privileges at the Misericordia Community Hospital.
Interested applicants should apply online through the DrJobsAB website with a Letter of Intent and CV attention to:
Dr. Ella Rokosh
ACMO & Medical Director, Misericordia Hospital
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Department: Cardiac Sciences
- Specialty: Medical Leadership
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration in accordance with Covenant Health Medical Leadership FTE/stipend principles and established structure.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
- Posting Date: Sep 4, 2023
- Closing Date: Oct 4, 2023
- Target Start Date: Jan 1, 2024
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.