Facility Chief, Child Health (CH-22-MCH-CHML-FC-PED-01) Part-time Job9 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 15 views
Covenant Health invites applications to join our senior medical leadership team as Facility Chief, Child Health, Misericordia Community Hospital (MCH).
The Facility Chief, Child Health is a key medical leader in Covenant Health, accountable for leading the clinical department of Child Health at the Misericordia Hospital. The Facility Chief position holds a dual reporting relationship to the Facility Medical Director (FMD) and to the AHS Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH).
The Facility Chief will be a respected practicing physician, who will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Supporting the FMD from a medical leadership perspective, to promote clinical practice changes deemed necessary by the site to ensure quality patient care.
- Providing leadership and support to advance the perspectives and advice of department members.
- Coaching and working with department members to maintain harmonious relationships.
- Participating in the completion of AHS Periodic Reviews as requested by the ZCDH.
- Conducting Triggered Reviews in response to patient and/or staff concerns, as requested by the Covenant Health CMO.
- Ensuring continuous quality improvement by working with department members to enhance and monitor the quality of clinical care. The Facility Chief will ensure that evidence informed clinical standards of care and defined health outcomes are realized within the department.
- Collaboratively leading department members in zone, site, and academic initiatives, and support the FMD and ZCDH to facilitate quality clinical outcomes.
- Developing and fostering a strong working dyad relationship with the Senior Director Operations (SDO) and Program Managers within the clinical program to facilitate physician participation in site service delivery plans.
- Representing the department at both site FMAC and ZCDEC (Zone Clinical Department Executive Committee) meetings. The Facility Chief will keep members apprised of the discussions and outcomes.
- Supporting the academic mission of the University of Alberta's Department of Pediatrics in research, education and innovation.
Interested applicants should apply online through the DrJobsAB website with a Letter of Intent and CV.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- Specialty: Medical Leadership
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be confirmed by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
- Posting Date: Nov 15, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.