Facility Chief, Family Medicine, Surgical Hospitalist, University of Alberta Hospital (UAH), 21-ML-UAH-SH-10 Part-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 491 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Facility Chief, Family Medicine, Surgical Hospitalist, University of Alberta Hospital (UAH).
This 0.1 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports to the Section Chief, Surgical Hospital Medicine in the Department of Family Medicine, and the Facility Medical Director, UAH. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Surgical Hospitalist program at UAH, and is accountable for program review, development and improvement.
This position provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as they relate to Surgical Hospital and Family Medicine, as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians working within the Facility. Other major accountabilities include:
1. Quality Management ensuring the ongoing monitoring of clinical/medical practice in the Surgical Hospitalist Program at UAH, including ensuring that processes and practices are in place to promote best practice;
2. Resource Management supporting recruitment and retention of physicians to the Program, scheduling and participating in planning to anticipate future needs;
3. Performance Management supporting by-laws processes and performance reviews of all physician staff appointed within the Program;
4. Academic Liaison ensuring support at the site level for medical learner teaching.
This position has an expected start date of January 1, 2022 and an expected term length of 1 year, renewable.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety. S/he will be an inclusive and visionary leader with experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, have demonstrated supervisory experience and be an excellent clinician with the respect of his/her peers. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Family Medicine.
Candidates must be either CCFP or FRCPC certified, be eligible to work in Canada and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and an appointment to the AHS Medical Staff.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Hospitalist
- Specialty: Medical Leadership
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting.We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.The competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Posting Date: Mar 31, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.