Facility Medical Director, Youville Home (CH-22-YH-CHML-MD-01) Part-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician St. Albert 7 views
Covenant Health invites applications to join our senior medical leadership team as Facility Medical Director for the Youville Home site in St. Albert, in a 0.10 FTE capacity.
The Facility Medical Director (FMD) is a key medical leader in Covenant Health with five primary accountabilities in their role as a Covenant Health Medical Leader:
- Leadership Medical Advisory Committees, communication, coaching and mentoring.
- Operational Expectations working with Dyad partner(s) in areas of program management, and organizational initiatives such as Mission Inspired Culture (MIC) and Accreditation.
- Quality Councils participation in quality councils and quality initiatives.
- Patient Concerns conducting Triggered Reviews as per the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Recruitment and Retention of Medical Staff.
The FMD will assist and support in developing and maintaining a skilled and educated medical staff aligned with the vision, mission, and values of Covenant Health. The FMD will facilitate the engagement and integration of site medical staff into Covenant Health initiatives as well as local and Zone planning and decision-making. In doing so, the FMD will ensure Covenant Health strategic directions are considered in all decision-making.
The FMD shall be a respected practicing physician who will assist in establishing and coordinating a medical presence for Covenant Health, and as such will:
- Collaborate as part of the portfolio leadership team.
- Assist in providing the administrative function for the Covenant Health Medical Affairs portfolio.
- Assist the medical staff by providing a link for the Covenant Health and AHS medical administration structures and initiatives.
The FMDs primary accountabilities will be largely site based. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the ACMO from a medical leadership perspective, to promote clinical practice changes deemed necessary by the site to ensure quality patient care.
- Developing and fostering a strong working dyad relationship with Senior Director/Site Administrators and managers within the site to facilitate physician understanding of and participation in site service delivery plans.
- Providing leadership and support to advance the perspectives and advice of site medical staff.
- Coaching and working with site medical staff to maintain harmonious relationships.
- Collaboratively leading site medical staff in organizational initiatives such as Mission Inspired Culture, Accreditation, Connect Care roll out.Supporting siteand zone initiatives.
- Acting as a liaison between medical leaders, medical staff and Covenant Health and Zone Medical Affairs.
- Having horizontal accountability for initiatives across Covenant Health i.e. Quality and Access and Flow.
- Participating in the completion of AHS Periodic Reviews as requested by AHS Zone Leadership.
- Conducting Triggered Reviews in response to patient and/or staff concerns, as requested by the Covenant Health CMO.
- Ensuring continuous quality improvement by working with medical staff to enhance and monitor the quality of clinical care. The FMD will ensure that evidence informed clinical standards of care and defined health outcomes are realized at the site.
- Chairing MAC meetings and representing the site at Covenant and/or AHS Zone meetings. The FMD will keep medical staff apprised of the discussions, outcomes, and zone initiatives.
The position holds a dual reporting relationship to the Covenant Health ACMO for Continuing Care and to the AHS Deputy Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH) for Continuing Care and Seniors Health, through to the AHS ZCDH for Family Medicine.
Interested applicants should apply online through the DrJobsAB website with a Letter of Intent and CV attention to:
Dr. Candace Walker
ACMO Addictions & Mental Health & Continuing Care
Medical Director, Villa Caritas
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration in accordance with Covenant Health Medical Leadership FTE/stipend principles and established structure.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) education.
- Posting Date: Jan 31, 2023
- Closing Date: Feb 27, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.