Facility Program Medical Director (FPMD) Part-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 8 views
Reporting to the Facility Medical Director, the Facility Program Medical Director (FPMD), Critical Care 1 year term at the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is a key leadership position within the North Zone and Alberta Health Services. The FPMD is accountable for all physician-related matters, as well as all operational and strategic issues and decisions requiring physician input or leadership that arise at the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital.
The FPMD will promote an environment that fosters quality improvement and a safe culturally-diverse environment for staff, physicians and patients by continually improving health and safety performance through promotion of culture-supporting hazard assessments, risk management, incident identification, reporting and correction, and compliance with applicable regulations, policies and safe work practices.
The FPMD is the senior physician leader for their Regional Hospital and North Zone Area 9. They will perform all duties assigned to them under the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws and the Rules with joint responsibility/accountability for overall Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations Area healthcare delivery with the FPMDs and ZCDFCs North Zone Clinical Operations Area Dyad partner.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Meet with your operational DYAD partners and Department Heads regularly
- Leadership development of medical leaders
- Attend Zone Medical Advisory Committee (ZMAC) and North Zone Senior Leadership meetings
- Periodic reviews for Department Heads (every 3 years, or annual for staff >65 years old) at request of Zone Medical Director
- Participate in Zone and Provincial work as designated by the Zone Medical Director
- Identify need for and manage recruitment together with Medical Affairs
- Workforce service planning
- Support Department Heads to manage local issues related to physicians, including concerns and complaints
- Identify organizational risks (patient safety, political, media) and escalate to medical and operational leadership DYAD
- Represent the facility positively to external stakeholders
A full job description can be available upon request.
Qualifications: Must be eligible with the College of Physician and Surgeons of Alberta, MUST have Critical Care and ICU experience.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.05
- Department: Critical Care
- Specialty: Critical Care Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Compensation will be determined by the AHS Physician Leader Compensation Grid and will be commensurate with the responsibilities of the position, the time required to fulfill these responsibilities, and the skills/experience of the successful application
- Posting Date: Dec 19, 2022
- Closing Date: Dec 24, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.