Family Medicine - Anesthesia - Bonnyville Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Bonnyville 28 views
To provide medical services in primary care (clinic), emergency department coverage, anesthesia, acute care and extended care services.Will also have current rural and emergency experience. Must be a team player.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in community where clinical practice is located
- Establish and maintain full time community based practice within the community of Bonnyville
- Provision of extended hour (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
- Provide hospital call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required, Anesthesia.
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
- Interest in Leadership
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned
Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
The successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Emergency Room Experience (Required)
- Must have current rural experience (1-2 years)
- Anesthesia (Diploma required with a minimum of six months experience)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in Rural setting within the past 1-2
years. Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment. Only
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligiblity requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta at www.cpsa.ab.ca.
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 27, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.