Family Medicine-Emergency - Lac La Biche Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Lac La Biche 26 views
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage, acute care and extended care services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Lac La Biche
Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community of Lac La Biche.
Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; possible interest in leadership responsibilities
Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.The successful candidate is recruited for the
community of Lac La Biche. Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice
or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment
A successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2years
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Community / Primary Care
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Community Info: Lac La Biche is an area blessed with natural beauty in the form of an abundance of lakes, old growth forests, wildlife andexcellent outdoor recreational opportunities. It is a community steeped in cultural diversity and history with Europeansettlement dating back over 200 years to the fur trade. Main industries include oil and gas, forestry, tourism and agriculture.Further, the Hamlet of Lac La Biche serves as a business hub to the area and it is a growing and thriving community. Lac LaBiche is a great place to work, play and raise a family. It has a perfect mix of community services through health, educational,recreation and cultural facilities. Families enjoy the Alberta beaches in Lac La Biche and have easy access to 150 lakes, manywith beach-side camping, cabin facilities and white sand beaches. Hit the waves for some fast paced water sports, cruise thetrails for hiking splendor or just kick back and relax for an evening around a warm campfire. But it's not all about the trails,trees ad waves - the Lac La Biche Region also offers visitors the chance to explore some Western Canada's oldest historybuilt on genertions of multicultural influence. Lac La Biche, Plamondon and the surrounding Lac La Biche County are steepedwith interesting history, scenic beauty and rich diversity. For more information, please visit http://www.laclabichecounty.comHospital Name: William J. Cadzow Lac La Biche Healthcare Centre
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 28, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.