Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine - Beaverlodge Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Beaverlodge 10 views
BEAVERLODGE - FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN position to provide medical care in primary care, emergency department and hospital services.
Duties include but not limited to:
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Beaverlodge and/or within reasonable distance to the community
Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community of BEAVERLODGE, HYTHE, SEXSMITH or WEMBLEY
Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
Provide hospital and call assistance as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department & other call schedules as required
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; interest in leadership
Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate is recruited for the community and catchment area of Beaverlodge
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's business choice and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Posting will close once suitable candidate is found.
Qualifications & Experience
- CCFP certification desired
- Must have current Emergency Room Experience (in a rural setting)
- Must have current rural experience in hospital and beyond the emergency department
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in Rural setting within the past 1-2 years
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligiblity requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta athttp://www.cpsa.ab.ca
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here
- Community Info: EXPERIENCE THE VIEW of a river valley and Rocky Mountains and a small town atmosphere, all less than one half hour from city amenities in Grande Prairie!Situated near the northwest-central edge of the province, Beaverlodge is known for its beautiful, inexpensive heritage homes, large colorful gardens and lively arts community. While there are a little over 11,000 people living in the community of Beaverlodge Close to 150,000 people live within a 200-kilometre radius of the town that thrives on surrounding agriculture, petroleum and forestry activities.A prominent feature of the Town of Beaverlodge has long been the community's second hospital. The first hospital was a log cabin, the foundation of which can still be found on the south edge of town. The second hospital, a tall plaster-wall, timber frame building, now serves the community as a cultural centre. The rooms remain dedicated to their former uses, labeled with the old labor room, surgery, or ward titles.The Cultural Centre has many features that draw visitors from near and far. Art shows displaying the works of well-known painters, sculptors, photographers and crafters from throughout the Peace Country are featured in the Cultural Centre art gallery all through the year.Travel Time:To Grande Prairie: 0.5 hrsTo Edmonton: 4.45 hrsTo Calgary: 7.5 hrsBeaverlodge Municipal HospitalInpatient Beds: 18Hythe - Continuing Care Beds: 67Hospital Statistics per Year (2020-21)Discharges per year: 296Emergency Room Visits: 8,474Radiology Services (Diagnostic Imaging)Laboratory Hours of Operation: 0800-1600 5 days a weekKidney Dialysis available in Grande Prairie (30 min)Cancer Treatment Services Available in Grande Prairie (30 min)
- Posting Date: Sep 6, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.