Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine - Cold Lake Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Cold Lake 10 views
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Provide physician services in primary care, emergency department, acute care, and extended care services
The successful candidate is recruited for the community of Cold Lake
Duties include, but not be limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in the community of Cold Lake
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community of Cold Lake.
- Provide call assistance as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required.
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; interest in management.
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned.
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's business choice and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta at www.cpsa.ab.ca
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Community / Primary Care
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Posting Date: Sep 16, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.