Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine - Fairview Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Fairview 11 views
Fairview Family Medicine Physician is required to provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage, acute care and extended care services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Fairview
Establish and maintain a full-time community-based practice within the community
Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities, interest in leadership is an asset
Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned
The successful candidate is recruited for the community of Fairview
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining the existing practice or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
- Must have current Emergency Room Experience (in a rural setting)
- Must have current rural experience
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- CCFP (desired)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in Rural setting within the past 1-2 years
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibIlity requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta at www.cpsa.ab.ca
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits - https://www.albertadoctors.org/services
- Posting Date: May 31, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.