Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine - Fox Creek Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Fox Creek 56 views
FOX CREEK FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN to provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage and hospital acute care services.
Duties include but not limited to:
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, FOX CREEK
Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community of Fox Creek
Provide hospital and call assistance as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate is recruited for the community of Fox Creek
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's business choice and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
The successful candidate must be in compliance with Alberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policy prior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
Qualifications & Experience
- CCFP certification, desired
- Must have current Emergency Room Experience (in a rural setting)
- Must have current rural experience in hospital and beyond the emergency department
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- Neonatal Resuscitatio (NRP) (desired)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits - https://www.albertadoctors.org/services
- Community Info: Fox Creek is a vibrant community of approximately 2,300 residents and is located two and a half hours northwest of Edmonton on Highway 43. The Town acts as a strong service centre for the active oil and gas, mining and forestry industries surrounding the community.Fox Creek, surrounded by beautiful forest, offers a vast variety of top notch outdoor activities. The Town is well known for its quading, hunting, fishing, ice fishing, incredibly groomed snowmobile trails and cross country skiing. Take a trip out to one of the two lakes located just minutes from Town to enjoy a day with the Family at the beach, a picnic by the water, day use camping area perfect for any summer event, two very well taken care of campgrounds that offer private sites and free firewood, boat docks and the opportunity for many water sportsAdd to that, a full complement of recreation facilities; the scenic 9-Hole Silver Birch Golf Course with grass greens, and a clubhouse that offers great food, mens and ladies nights and is host to many weekend tournaments. Tennis courts, baseball diamonds that come alive every June for our annual Slo-Pitch Tournament and regular season adult league, an outdoor swimming pool which will soon be replaced, that offers swimming lessons, aqua-size classes, public swims and many more different programs, a 4 sheet curling club that offers a mens and ladies league, mixed league and a junior league and the Derald Palmer Arena that offers Hockey Tournaments, practices, games and public skating on a daily basis. Fox Creek has a well-equipped fitness centre, a paved walking trail, and the Don Nicholson natural walking trail; enjoyment for all ages.Travel Time:To Edmonton: 2.75 hrsTo Calgary: 5.5 hrsTo Red Deer: 4.0 hrsTo Grande Prairie: 2.0 hrsHospital Statistics (2020/2021):Emergency Room Visits: 2,700Discharges: 52Specialty Care offered by Telehealth
- Posting Date: Mar 30, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.