Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine - La Crete Full-time Job9 months ago Doctor / Physician La Crete 29 views
Provide physician services in primary care, emergency department, acute care and extended care services.
The successful candidate is recruited for the community of La Crete.
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in the community of La Crete.
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community.
- Provide call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required.
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; interest in leadership
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Emergency Room Experience
Candidate must have Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in Rural setting within the past 1-2 years. Experience in offering these services as the sole provider required.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require, or have completed, the CPSA Practice Readiness Assessment (PRA-AB).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Albertawww.cpsa.ab
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Emergency Medicine
- Secondary Specialty: Hospital Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for Service.On Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Posting Date: Nov 14, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.