Family Medicine - Hospitalist - Camrose Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Central Zone 7 views
Alberta Health Services is seeking a Full Time Family MedicineHospitalist to join the team at St. Mary's Hospital in Camrose, Alberta. Primary role is to provide in patient care.
Type of coverage/Physician responsibility:
- Currently there are two hospitalists per week.
- Weeks run from Wednesday to Thursday with handover on Tuesday nights.
- On intake, complete admissions from ER or take direct admissions from GP Clinics
- Responsible for medical consultations to Psychiatry and Surgery
- Provide coverage for Code Blue
For candidates who are inclined to practice Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Chemotherapy Clinics,exists to do shifts or On-Call for both in addition to the requirements of the position. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed.
- All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta or must be eligible to license through the CPSA.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course taken and renewed within the previous two years
- Recent (at least 6 months in the last 24 months) and relevant experience with inpatients.
- Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP) certification preferred
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This Position is funded through an Alternate Relationship Plan (ARP).Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info:
We are a city of over 18,000 people located 100 km southeast of Edmonton, serving a shopping population over 150,000 people. Major retailers such as Wal-Mart and Superstore have helped establish Camrose as the leading regional shopping center of East Central Alberta.
Two railways, four highways, and an airport service our transportation needs. St. Mary's Hospital, a full-service facility with emergency and surgical capabilities, attends our medical needs and the University of Alberta, Augustana Campus provides post-secondary education to students both local and from around the world. Our non-union labour force is made up mainly of rural, non-transient young people already instilled with a solid work ethic.
In addition to the healthy business and manufacturing climate in Camrose, there exists a quality of life second to none. We're the perfect size to enjoy all of the educational, recreational, and entertainment facilities of a thriving city, yet we remain small enough to appreciate the convenience and security of a rural way of life.
- Posting Date: Aug 11, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.