Family Medicine - Obstetrics - Bonnyville Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Bonnyville 87 views
Provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage, acute care including obstetrics and low risk deliveries, and
extended care services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence within community in which clinical practice is located
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community of Bonnyville
- Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
- Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules,including full time participation in the Emergency Department and obstetrical schedules as required
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; possible interest in leadership responsibilities
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practiceor opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitmentprocess.
The successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advance in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) (desired)
- MORE OB (desired)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
- CCFP (desired)
- CCFP-EM (desired)
- Geriatrics (desired)
- Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment. Only
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: The Town of Bonnyville is located in northeastern Alberta, approximately 240 kilometers (150 miles) from the provincial capital of Edmonton. The Town's motto - "it's Multi-Natural" - refers to the town's celebration of its diverse cultural heritage and rich natural resources.Bonnyville is a great place to work, play and raise a family. It provides the perfect mix of community services through health, educational, recreation and cultural facilities that include Lyle Victor Albert Performing Arts Centre. Enjoy the golf and country club 18-hole golf course, many well as the parks and playgrounds within the community. Muriel and Moose Lake are within an easy walk and/or drive.The economy is growing and expanding faster that the provincial average creating employment opportunities in construction, oil and gas, as well as retail sales. As a major service area, the Town serves more than 17,000 people. Bonnyville is the HUB for the oil and gas industry with over 60 national and international companies setting up head offices within the Town.Surrounded by lakes and majestic boreal forest, Bonnyville offers visitors and locals a treasure trove of natural wonders. Bird watching enthusiasts flock to Bonnyville's Jessie Lake every spring to spot the nearly 200 bird species that use the lake as a stopping ground on their migration route.In addition, hunters from around the world come to try their hand at bagging a white-tailed deer or a bear, and fishermen cast their lines into the area's many lakes, hoping to bring home the big one.For more information on the community of Bonnyville, please go to the website ofhttp://town.bonnyville.ab.ca/
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 27, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.