Family Medicine - Obstetrics - Lac La Biche Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Lac La Biche 22 views
Provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage, acute care including obstetrics and low risk deliveries, and
extended care services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence within community in which clinical practice is located, Lac La Biche, AB
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community of Lac La Biche.
- Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
- Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules,including full time participation in the Emergency Department and obstetrical schedules as required
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; possible interest in leadership responsibilities
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practiceor opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitmentprocess.
The successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advance in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) (desired)
- MORE OB (desired)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
- CCFP (desired)
- CCFP-EM (desired)
- Geriatrics (desired)
- Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require, or have completed, the CPSA Practice Readiness Assessment (PRA-AB).
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Community Info: Lac La Biche is an area blessed with natural beauty in the form of an abundance of lakes, old growth forests, wildlife andexcellent outdoor recreational opportunities. It is a community steeped in cultural diversity and history with Europeansettlement dating back over 200 years to the fur trade. Main industries include oil and gas, forestry, tourism and agriculture.Further, the Hamlet of Lac La Biche serves as a business hub to the area and it is a growing and thriving community. Lac LaBiche is a great place to work, play and raise a family. It has a perfect mix of community services through health, educational,recreation and cultural facilities. Families enjoy the Alberta beaches in Lac La Biche and have easy access to 150 lakes, manywith beach-side camping, cabin facilities and white sand beaches. Hit the waves for some fast paced water sports, cruise thetrails for hiking splendor or just kick back and relax for an evening around a warm campfire. But it's not all about the trails,trees ad waves - the Lac La Biche Region also offers visitors the chance to explore some Western Canada's oldest historybuilt on generations of multicultural influence. Lac La Biche, Plamondon and the surrounding Lac La Biche County are steepedwith interesting history, scenic beauty and rich diversity. For more information, please visit http://www.laclabichecounty.comHospital Name: William J. Cadzow Lac La Biche Healthcare CentrePopulation including catchment: 10,824
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 28, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.