Family Medicine - Obstetrics - St Paul Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician St. Paul 8 views
Provide physician services in primary care, emergency department, acute care, extended care, and Obstetrical services.
The successful candidate is recruited for the community of St Paul.
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's business choice and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Duties include, but not be limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in the community of St Paul.
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community.
- Provide call assistance as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and Obstetrics call schedules as required.
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; interest in management.
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Low Risk Obstetrics
Candidate must have Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in Rural setting within the past 1-2 years. Experience in offering these services as the sole provider required.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require, or have completed, the CPSA Practice Readiness Assessment (PRA-AB).
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta www.cpsa.ab
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Health
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Obstetrical Surgical Skills / Maternal & Newborn Care
- Secondary Specialty: Women's Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call. Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.*For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits, click here.
- Posting Date: May 26, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.