Family Medicine Physician/General Practitioner with Enhanced Surgical Skills (C-Section) Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 34 views
Posting will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
To provide medical services in primary care (clinic)Family Medicine, Obstetrics including C-Sections
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Lac La Biche
• Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community
• Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
• Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required
- Provide call support as per call schedule for Enhanced Surgical Skills (C-Section)
• Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
• Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assignedThe successful candidate is recruited for the community of Lac La Biche. Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Additional Notes About Lac La Biche
Lac La Biche
Lac La Biche County is an area blessed with natural beauty in the form of an abundance of lakes, old growth forests, wildlife and excellent outdoor recreational opportunities. It is a community steeped in cultural diversity and history with European settlement dating back over 200 years to the fur trade. Main industries include oil and gas, forestry, tourism and agriculture. Further, the Hamlet of Lac La Biche serves as a business hub to the area and it is a growing and thriving community.
Current population including catchment is 11,100 and is situated 225 kms northeast of Edmonton. Lac La Biche County has seen an unprecedented period of growth in recent years and this trend is expected to continue well into the foreseeable future.
Bring the family, the boat, tent, fishing gear, bikes...
Families enjoy the Alberta beaches in Lac La Biche and have easy access to 150 lakes, many with beach-side camping, cabin facilities and white sand beaches. Hit the waves for some fast paced water sports, cruise the trails for biking and hiking splendor or just kick back and relax for an evening around a warm campfire.
But it's not all about the trails, trees and waves - the Lac La Biche Region also offers visitors the chance to explore some of Western Canada's oldest history built on generations of multicultural influence. Lac La Biche, Plamondon and the surrounding Lac La Biche County are steeped with interesting history, scenic beauty and rich cultural diversity. and don't forget your sense of adventure.
The Bold Center is a great family recreational facility and offers the chance to embrace healthy and active lifestyles that include an exceptional gym with fitness classes, sport activities and a walking track.
Schools are abundant in the community as well as Portage College for post secondary opportunities.
For more information, please go to http://www.laclabichecounty.com
Hospital Name: William J. Cadzow Lac La Biche Healthcare Centre
No. of Inpatient Beds: 23
No. of Long Term Care Beds: 40
% C Section: 29.4%
Emergency Room Visits: 14,097
OR Procedures: 82
Qualifications & Experience
• Must have current experience in Obstetrics including C-Sections
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
• Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
• Emergency Room Experience (Required)
• Must have current rural experience
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years. Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta at www.cpsa.ab.ca
Fee for Service
On Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.
Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change
* For complete details on AMA Membership benefits, please contact click here.
For more information on this posting, please contact AHS.NorthZonePhysicianRecruitment@albertahealthservices.ca .
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.