Provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage, acute care including obstetrics and low risk deliveries, and extended care services.Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Lac La Biche
• Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community
• Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
• Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and obstetrical schedules as required
• Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities; possible interest in leadership responsibilities
• Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.The successful candidate is recruited for the
community of Lac La Biche. Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice
or opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment
Additional Notes About Lac La Biche
Lac La Biche is an area blessed with natural beauty in the form of an abundance of lakes, old growth forests, wildlife and
excellent outdoor recreational opportunities. It is a community steeped in cultural diversity and history with European
settlement dating back over 200 years to the fur trade. Main industries include oil and gas, forestry, tourism and agriculture.
Further, the Hamlet of Lac La Biche serves as a business hub to the area and it is a growing and thriving community. Lac La
Biche is a great place to work, play and raise a family. It has a perfect mix of community services through health, educational,
recreation and cultural facilities. Families enjoy the Alberta beaches in Lac La Biche and have easy access to 150 lakes, many
with beach-side camping, cabin facilities and white sand beaches. Hit the waves for some fast paced water sports, cruise the
trails for hiking splendor or just kick back and relax for an evening around a warm campfire. But it's not all about the trails,
trees ad waves - the Lac La Biche Region also offers visitors the chance to explore some Western Canada's oldest history
built on genertions of multicultural influence. Lac La Biche, Plamondon and the surrounding Lac La Biche County are steeped
with interesting history, scenic beauty and rich diversity. For more information, please visit http://www.laclabichecounty.com
Hospital Name: William J. Cadzow Lac La Biche Healthcare Centre
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
• Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advance in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) (desired)
- MOREOB (desired)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
• Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
• CCFP (desired)
• CCFP-EM (desired)
• Geriatrics (desired)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fee for Service
On Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.
Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change
* For complete details on AMA Membership benefits, please contact click here.
For further information, email@example.com
This position is in partnership with Alberta Health Services and Covenant Health
The CPSA Letter of Eligibility is required with your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.