Family Physician-Low Risk Obs CRH Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 18 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking a full-timeFamily Physician to provide Low Risk Obstetric Care at Chinook Regional Hospital.Afull-time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least (5) days per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week, or commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time equivalent physicians.
As the successful candidate you will:
- providelow risk obstetric Care at CRH covering 10-12 shifts per month as a member of the Maternity Associates group, includingcoverage of prenatal clinic shifts at the Maternity Associates Clinic;
- Participate in low risk obstetric services as assigned by the Zone Clinical Department Head Family Medicine;
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws , the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively within the clinical department of Family Medicine;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Family Medicineincluding (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably;
- Reside in Lethbridge or surrounding catchment area.
The successful candidate must:
- hold CCFP or equivalent designation
- hold or be CPSA Eligible for a general register license
- have current NRP
- have current Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
**registered to take NRP and ALARM within the next 6 months will be accepted
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee For Service; For complete details on benefits, please contact The Alberta Medical Association at www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000 Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 residents, located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
Recruiter: Alecia Kerber; firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in a position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Jul 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.