Family Practitioner Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 12 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is inviting applications from family physicians with a background in low risk obstetrics to join the Department of Family Medicine in Calgary.
The successful physician must be able to will integrate seamlessly into a multidisciplinary team environment including licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs).
The Foothills Medical Centre is an important training facility for residents and students, being affiliated with the University of Calgary. As such, the successful candidate will also be required to apply for a Clinical Academic Appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary to play a critical role in supporting this valuable program.
One permanent FMC Sunnyside group member position will be available starting April 1, 2023.
The successful applicant will:
- be certified in Family Medicine with the Canadian College of Family Physicians
- hold active licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- have current medical liability insurance coverage
- demonstrate strong, clear communication skills including written, auditory, and verbal
- Have 1 year of obstetrical experience in Calgary
- Provide evidence of Mandatory Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Have experience working at the Foothills Medical Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The candidate must have or be eligible for General Register with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
This position is not sponsorship eligible.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: Jan 26, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.