Family Practitioner - Obstetrics Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 61 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is inviting applications from family physicians with a background in low risk obstetrics to join the Department of Family Medicine in Calgary as a locum physician at all four Calgary Acute Care sites.
The successful physician must be able to will integrate seamlessly into a multidisciplinary team environment including licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs).
The urban Acute Care sites (FMC, PLC, RGH, and SHC) are important training facilities for residents and students, being affiliated with the University of Calgary. As such, the successful candidate will also be required to apply for a Clinical Academic Appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary to play a critical role in supporting this valuable program.
The successful applicant will:
- be certified in Family Medicine with the Canadian College of Family Physicians
- hold active licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- have current medical liability insurance coverage
- demonstrate strong, clear communication skills including written, auditory, and verbal
- provide evidence of Mandatory Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- 1 year of obstetrics experience in Calgary (REMOVE)
- Must read, write and speak English.
- have experience working at the Foothills Medical Centre (REMOVE)
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Obstetrical Surgical Skills / Maternal & Newborn Care
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: To be discussed with candidates that are offered an interview.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: May 1, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.